Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Hole In One - Jack Nicklaus Autographed Book, 1991 PGA Senior Tour


In the "you never know what you may find" department, I stopped by the thrift store today to drop off some clothes and decided to check out the books as I'm apt to do. One caught my attention right away - it had a signature right on the front!

It was a book for the 1991 Kroger Senior PGA Tour Classic at Kings Island just north of Cincinnati. I couldn't make whose signature it was, but it looked like "Jim" with a letter "S" last name, but I wasn't sure. The list of players in the book didn't give me any clues, but I thought I'd give it a try, bought it and came back to research who it was.

After a couple of views on Google, I came up with it. Found some things to compare the signature with and dropped my jaw - Jack Nicklaus.

So now I've got it listed on eCrater at this link.

My daughter suggests that I should link to another photo that shows the autograph elsewhere, so check this one out
While you're at it, check out my signed books in my eCrater store (including a book about the Football Hall of Fame that has three Cleveland Browns Hall of Fame players signatures by their names!

2 comments:

Litzz11@yahoo.com said...

That's a find! Let us know what you get for it.

Anonymous said...

Will do. This is the same thrift store I found a book by Harry Truman with his signature in it!